Please note you are looking at an event that has already happened.
Write an original scary story and submit it for a chance to win a $50 gift card to a local business. Submit your story here. The form will become available on October 1.
- Each participant may only submit one story. If more than one story is submitted, the one submitted last will be the one considered.
- Stories must be a maximum of 2000 words. Longer submissions will not be considered.
- Stories must be your own original work.
- Stories must be appropriate.
- Stories may be entered as plain text or uploaded as a Word Document or PDF file.
- Deadline is October 31 at 11:59 pm.
- Winning entries may be shared on the library's social media platforms.
- Winners will be determined by SHPL staff and guest judges.
This contest is for teens (13-18) only!